GSI - Gesellschaft für Schweißtechnik International mbH was founded in 1999 by DVS - Deutscher Verband für Schweißen und verwandte Verfahren e.V. It is an amalgamation of efficient Schweißtechnische Lehr- und Versuchsanstalten (SLVs) with 80 years of experience in joining and testing technology. GSI is a non-profit-making limited-liability company which works neutrally for individuals, skilled-trade businesses, industrial companies, authorities and research bodies. The aims of GSI are joint training and advice as well as technology transfer at home and abroad.
GSI SLV Kunshan started her activities in China in May 2010. It’s a fully German-invested company. GSI SLV Kunshan is the only branch of GSI SLV in Asia. Also it is the 5th oversea branch of GSI SLV. GSI SLV Kunshan takes charges of some tasks from her headquarter.
In order to satisfy the need of Chinese market, GSI SLV Kunshan is focusing on training and certifying International Welding Instructors according to DVS 1157, who are expected to be qualified to train welders in various welding processes, in order to improve and keep welders’ skills and the quality of the products they make.
Additionally, GSI SLV Kunshan will also offer the following services:
- Training and certifying of Welders according to ISO 9606, directly authorized by GSI SLV.
- Offering consulting services for companies, who are to be audited according to International/ German standards as ISO 3834, EN 15085-2, EN 1090, DIN 4113 including pre-auditing, contacting auditors from the headquarter to organize tailored auditing service for the companies.
- Technical assistance to sell products to oversea markets.
- Making reservation on expertise from GSI SLV for customers, facing their welding problems.
- EAB Training and Certificates (issued by EWF).